This news is being updated:
- May 8: closure will last until further notice, most likely until end of May.
- May 8: loan due dates have been moved to September 15.
- April 1, 2020: closure will last until May 13; loan due dates have been moved to May 18.
Due to the risk of coronavirus infection and the Finnish government’s announcement (Yle, March 16), Uniarts Library is closed from March 18. The closure will most likely continue to end of May. We will inform you as soon as we know more.
Loan due dates have been moved until September 15, 2020. Printed materials cannot be borrowed or returned. Overdue fees will not accrue during the closure, but online payment is available in Arsca. Most library services are available online and all electronic materials are available remotely.
See frequently asked questions below
Can I use the self-service library to return my loans or borrow printed scores and books?
Uniarts library are part of Uniarts facilities which are closed from March 18 onwards. This includes all self-services. It is not possible to return loans, but loan due dates have been extended to September 15, and during this period overdue fees will nor accrue. Printed materials are not available during this period, but electronic materials are available in Arsca (book, journals) and via various databases (handbooks, scores, AV materials) offered by the library.
Will I get overdue fees if I can’t return my loans?
Overdue fees will not accrue during the closure.
Can I renew my loans?
Loan due dates have been moved until May 18. You can see your loans and renew them in Arsca.
How do I access e-materials?
- instructions for accessing and using e-materials: https://libguides.uniarts.fi/e-sources
- search international e-materials: https://uniarts.finna.fi/Primo/Home
- other guides: https://libguides.uniarts.fi/etusivu/en
How do I pay my overdue fees?
There will be no overdue fees during or because of the closure. Overdue fees can be paid online, if you wish to pay your older fees.
Is it possible for me to get a library card when the library is closed?
Unfortunately, new library card applications cannot be processed during the closure.
How can I contact the library staff?
Shared library e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct e-mails to library units
- Academy of Fine Arts library: email@example.com
- Sibelius Academy library: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Theatre Academy library: email@example.com
- Sibelius Academy Kuopio library: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact us personally via e-mail or telephone. See library staff contact information in Uniarts people finder (in Finnish).
Uniarts Helsinki to close its facilities; teaching and work continue remotely (Uniarts, March 16)