Uniarts Helsinki Library has updated its literary and cultural magazine selection with new subscriptions. You can browse Arsca to check out the entire selection of magazines and journals available at the library.
New subscriptions: :
- Academy of Fine Arts Library now has a subscription to the printed version of the literary magazine The Paris Review, effective starting from 1 March 2020. The Paris Review is a literary magazine, which publishes essays, art and interviews with writers.
- Theatre Academy Library will subscribe to the printed version of Zoetrope All-Story starting from 1 March 2020. The magazine, focusing on film and theatre, was launched by Francis Ford Coppola in 1997.
- Theatre Academy Library’s subscription to the printed version of Ny Tid is effective starting from 1 February 2020. Ny Tid is a political Finnish-Swedish magazine focusing on culture. It was awarded the quality prize for culture magazines by the Ministry of Education and Culture in 2013.
- The subscription to the digital version of the Art and Perception journal is effective starting from 1 March 2020. Art & Perception is an international journal of art and perception science.
Uniarts Helsinki Library will change its some of its subscriptions to cover the digital version of the magazine or journal instead of the printed version, which makes them accessible outside the university’s premises. Read more about the remote access to magazines. The Library now has a subscription to the digital versions of these printed publications, effective from the beginning of 2020:
- Afterall : A Journal of Art
- Dance Research
- Medical problems of performing artists
- Music education research
- Music theory spectrum
- The musical quarterly
- Organised Sound
- PAJ : a journal of performance and art
- Performance research
- Perspectives of New Music
- Psychology of music
- Text and performance quarterly
- Woman’s Art Journal
- Women & performance : a journal of feminist theory
- Youth theatre journal
Electronic journals that will be available later in spring 2020:
Subscription decisions have been made based on customer requests. The decisions are also influenced by the Library’s annual budget and the Uniarts Helsinki Library’s Collection Policy. Please use this feedback form to send us comments concerning our selection.